Le Concierge (The Caretaker)
A MAN IN UNIFORM APPEARS AT THE END OF THE CORRIDOR. Follow him and discover the astonishing nightly journey of a janitor as he goes from classroom to classroom and through the hidden corners of a school. Leap into an immersive, wordless experience where reality turns into a dream. Through its examination of what it means to be part of today’s working class, Le Concierge (The Caretaker) paints a touching portrait of a lonely character whose work is too often taken for granted.
“Daniele Bartolini and his company DopoLavoro Teatrale have been pushing audience-specific work into new territory.” — Carly Maga, THE TORONTO STAR
- The number of spectators is limited to 15 per performances.
- Audience members are required to walk up and down stairways during the show.
- Audiences members are required to wear a uniform (provided).
- Masks are an integral part of your experience and one will be provided as a part of your costume.
- Some scenes take place in low light and in tight spaces.
- No box-office on site. If you wish to purchase tickets on the day of the performance, please buy them online or by phone;
- Please note that March 8 and 9 are previews and the premiere is on March 10.
Conceived and Interpreted by: Vincent Leblanc-Beaudoin
Co-created by: Daniele Bartolini and Vincent Leblanc-Beaudoin
Directed by: Daniele Bartolini
Movement consultant: Marie-Josée Chartier
Sound Design: Andrea Gozzi
Lighting Design: Sarah Mansikka
Set and Costume Design: Melanie McNeill
Production Manager: Melanie Hall
Technical Director: Remington North
Technician: Chin Palipane
Stage Management: Christoph Ibrahim
Vincent Leblanc-Beaudoin would like to thank the Canada Council for the Arts, the Ontario Arts Council, the Toronto Arts Council, the Fondation pour l'avancement du théâtre francophone du Canada, Theatre Smith-Gilmour and Théâtre Action for supporting the creation of Le Concierge.